Brooklyn indie band Real Estate’s 2009 debut album was never actually meant to be an album. It was just a scattered assortment of songs.
Now, their track “It’s Real” made the cut for the album that Zia Records handed out for Record Store Day.
The guidebook that accompanies the CD has a short profile of Real Estate, who made their Coachella debut this year.
“Festivals are cool because you see people you look up to just walking around,” guitarist and vocalist Martin Courtney told www.recordstoreday.com.
“Hopefully, we’ll get to see Snoop Dogg twice. I’ve been a fan of Radiohead since middle school. Girls are cool — we just played with them — and the Shins, that should be weird and cool. There’s a million bands I’ve never heard of.”
Real Estate hits the Gobi tent at 4:10 p.m.
In honor of Record Store Day on Saturday, the Zia Records crew here made a guidebook that they are now handing out to Coachella fans as they walk through the gates.
The 32-page booklet includes a mix CD, which features 17 of the 138 Coachella artists. Here’s the tracklist:
1. The Shins, “Simple Song”
2. Florence and the Machine, “No Light, No Light”
3. We Are Augustines, “Book of James”
4. Kasbian, “Days are Forgotten”
5. The Black Keys, “Mind Eraser”
6. Gary Clark Jr., “Bright Lights”
7. Black Lips, “Raw Meat”
8. Band of Skulls, “Sweet Sour”
9. Kaiser Chiefs, “On the Run”
10. Jimmy Cliff, “World Upside Down”
11. Andrew Bird, “Eyeoneye”
12. Wild Beasts, “Bed of Nails”
13. Real Estate, “It’s Real”
14. AWOLnation, “Not Your Fault”
15. Neon Indian, “Hex Girlfriend”
16. Swedish House Mafia, “Save the World (radio mix)”
17. Justice, “On N’on”
Grab the book, and you’ll also find short profiles of and/or Q&As with each of the featured artists.