- The Pedestrians. is a horn-supplemented band from Indio featuring a fusion of punk, ska, funk and hip-hop
- The Tribesmen is an indie experimental band from Coachella that emphasizes instrumental music
- You, Me & Us is a Bermuda Dunes indie duo that recently played South By Southwest
Eighty-three bands submitted music videos.
During one week of voting, you cast more than 95,000 votes for which bands should play Tachevah: A Palm Springs block party!
Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett, Goldenvoice vice president Skip Paige, and MyDesert.com music guru Bruce Fessier conferred Sunday and chose from among the Top 10 for the the three lucky winners.
The three bands will score free admission to Coachella — and will perform April 17 (between Coachella weekends) in front of Goldenvoice executives, the MyDesert.com audience and you, the fans.
DJ Alf Alpha will keep the groove going, and the headliner will be a Coachella act that will be announced soon.
The party — think beer garden + live music — runs from 5 to 11 p.m. April 17 at Spa Resort Casino, 401 E. Amado Road in Palm Springs. Each band will perform for 30 minutes.
Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett expressed interest in booking bands among the Top 10 acts for concerts at Goldenvoice venues throughout Southern California.
While you’re waiting for the Tachevah headliner to be announced:
- Watch the music videos of all 83 artists who submitted.
- RSVP for (free) April 17 party now
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Download the free MyCoachella.com smartphone app
- See what the Top 10 bands are saying right now on Twitter.