Fun fact about French electronic duo Justice: The first albums they ever bought were “Doggystyle” by Snoop Dogg and “Nevermind” by Nirvana.
Their track “On N’on” closes out the 17-track CD that the Zia Records crew handed out today at Coachella. It was compiled in honor of Record Store Day.
Inside the guidebook that accompanies the CD, Justice answers a few quick questions. Here’s our favorite:
You’ve performed at Coachella multiple times. What advice would you give to a first-timer?
Justice: We don’t really have any advice to give. Although it’s one of the biggest festivals on earth, it’s a festival still, and probably the most fun to attend and perform, so the only thing would be to relax and enjoy being here.
Justice takes the main stage at Coachella at 7:45 p.m.
In honor of Record Store Day on Saturday, the Zia Records crew here made a guidebook that they are now handing out to Coachella fans as they walk through the gates.
The 32-page booklet includes a mix CD, which features 17 of the 138 Coachella artists. Here’s the tracklist:
1. The Shins, “Simple Song”
2. Florence and the Machine, “No Light, No Light”
3. We Are Augustines, “Book of James”
4. Kasbian, “Days are Forgotten”
5. The Black Keys, “Mind Eraser”
6. Gary Clark Jr., “Bright Lights”
7. Black Lips, “Raw Meat”
8. Band of Skulls, “Sweet Sour”
9. Kaiser Chiefs, “On the Run”
10. Jimmy Cliff, “World Upside Down”
11. Andrew Bird, “Eyeoneye”
12. Wild Beasts, “Bed of Nails”
13. Real Estate, “It’s Real”
14. AWOLnation, “Not Your Fault”
15. Neon Indian, “Hex Girlfriend”
16. Swedish House Mafia, “Save the World (radio mix)”
17. Justice, “On N’on”
Grab the book, and you’ll also find short profiles of and/or Q&As with each of the featured artists.