Another Coachella weekend is in the books, and the final headliners dropped it like it was hot.
Here’s the highlight reel from Sunday:
— Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg brought along their friends for a show so hot that even Desert Sun features guru Bruce Fessier dropped an F bomb before comparing the festival finale to “a reunion of the Beatles!”
In between old school hits like “Gin and Juice” and “Who Am I (What’s My Name?)”, the duo invited an all-star cast of rap/hip hop artists on the main stage.
Eminem, 50 Cent, Warren G, Wiz Khalifa and Kendrick Lamar all had the crowd roaring, and an all-too-realistic hologram 2pac rose from the stage and worked the stage like any living headliner.
– Across the grounds, AVICIIrocked the Sahara tent hard — but without the “mind blowing” experience or the “surprise” (Madonna rumors, anyone?) the DJ and his camp promised.
– DJ and producer Calvin Harris pumped up the Sahara tent, and music star Rihanna joined him for their hit songs “We Found Love” and “Where Have You Been.”
– Gotye hit the stage one night after playing Saturday Night Life. During his set Sunday, Kimbra came out for their single “Somebody That I Used to Know.”
– Swedish ban The Hives rocked the main stage with tuxedoes, top hats and stagehands dressed as ninjas. They joked their 6 p.m. show was like “the main course” of Coachella — served hot, after the starter and before the dessert.
– The always-energetic indie pop / neo soul band Fitz and the Tantrums debuted their next song, “She’s Outta My League,” before making the crowd “get down” during hit single “Moneygrabber.”